Olton WW Hockey Club - Data Protection Declaration.
All organisations of any size and status that hold
computer records are subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act
although most 'not-for-profit organisations' such as 'small sports clubs' are exempt from its regulatory provisions,
where the information held is for 'establishing or maintaining membership'.
2. What Computer Data Does Olton WW HC Hold Regarding Club Members.
- Personal Data.
We currently hold or plan to hold on computer records, managed by our appointed Club Officers :-
- member name, address, contact phone numbers and email address.
- individual preference for mode of communication, and for visibility of basic contact details
- club membership status - date of joining - date of subscription payments
- members medical form (if/when completed) recording all relevant medical data that the Club need to be
aware of in order to comply with a basic responsibility to its membership in the case of accident or emergency.
This document is regarded as MANDATORY for junior members under the age of 18years.
- member skills record (proposed) - highlighting qualifications, certificates, and skills - provided by the member -
that can be of use to other members in the continued well being of the Club.
- Maintaining Personal Data.
- All items of contact/medical/personal data pertaining to the member, can be securely accessed, viewed and
maintained by the member personally, in order to ensure both validity and timeliness of that data.
- Additionally contact/medical/personal data pertaining to the member, can be securely maintained by registered Club Officers
- All administration items of data pertaining to the member, can only be accessed by registered
Officers of the Club in a secure and controlled fashion.
3. Purposes for Which Olton WW HC Club Holds Membership Data.
The above data is held by the club for the following present or future purposes:-
- Management of membership records and the club's income from members.
- Management of Medical Declarations - in order to comply with a basic responsibility to its membership
in the case of accident or emergency.
- Preparing and distributing to members communications from the committee regarding information on general club matters,
club committee meetings, the club membership card, acquisition of Club playing kit, and useful news announcements.
- Preparation of the club Web Site describing the club’s activities and the
results of its League programme.
- Preparing a ClubsFirst submission - and submitting this to England Hockey.
4. Undertaking by Olton WW HC with Regard to Computerised Membership Data.
The club undertakes to ensure as far as it is able that
computer records of personal data are accurate and mutually consistent.
The club undertakes to use member computer records for no
other purposes other than those described in this document.
The club undertakes not to communicate this information to third
parties for any purpose without the members consent.
The club undertakes to observe individual members wishes on mode of communication. Specifically
members may indicate that they do not wish their basic contact details to be available to other members,
they do/do not wish to receive email communications. The normal alternative to email for most club member
communications will be the club website and club notice board and verbal announcements at meetings.
5. Undertakings By Members.
The member undertakes when joining or renewing his membership with the the club to abide by the club rules.
These rules include an acceptance by the member of the club's policies and undertakings regarding the use of
computers for the administration of member records as described above.
Olton WW Hockey Club